Welcome to Ash Class
2021 - 2022!
Mrs Sibley - Class Teacher
Mrs Moss - Teaching Assistant
Ms Mainstone - Teaching Assistant
- Reading in School
- Independent reading – children read their AR book which they will take the AR quiz on afterwards
- Daily 1:1 reading where appropriate
- Adult-led whole class & grouped guided reading
- Comprehension activities (independent & adult-led)
- Adult-led intervention schemes where appropriate
Reading at Home
Reading is vitally important – among other things, it will help your child develop their vocabulary, concentration, spelling and punctuation! Please encourage them to read for a minimum of 20 minutes every day where possible, ideally just before they go to bed.
If possible, try to hear them read and ask them about the books they are reading – the characters, settings, interesting words and twists in the plot!